School Fact Sheet
Grades: K - 8
Together, we prepare, challenge, and support adolescents for participation in society as respectful, responsible, lifelong learners.
- Demonstrate Respect
- Make Safe Choices
- Strive for Success
We are committed to high quality, developmentally appropriate, middle-level education characterized by:
- Quality work and relevant learning through challenging integrated curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Relationships that promote trust and safety (physical, emotional, and social) needed for learning and well being.
- Opportunities for all to succeed through core, exploratory, and co-curricular activities.
- Respectful partnerships through "heroic" customer service and communication.
- Development of personal responsibility and accountability through opportunities for significant choice and decisions related to learning.
- High expectations for all who are involved in middle level education.
- Every student will show at least one year’s growth in reading and math achievement.
- Improve writing achievement across all grade levels:
- Utilize OSWA and other profile data to evaluate growth, direct curriculum planning, and school improvement.
- Develop opportunities to assist individual students in specific areas of academic need and enrichment.
- Explore, research, and implement new strategies and programs to continue reading, math, and writing improvement in grades K-8.
- Provide new and increased opportunities for students to demonstrate their learning.
- Assess and enhance student motivation strategies.
- Provide age appropriate student recognition and incentives.
- Develop a closer connection between assessment and instruction.
- Increase the percentage of students making growth towards meeting and exceeding the state benchmark in science.
- Create a positive and nurturing school environment that respects individual differences and promotes student achievement.
Deep Creek-Damascus K-8 School is special because of the close partnership that is present with parents and community to support the education of the students.